Obituaries » Robert William Hassett
Robert William Hassett Jr., 62, passed away on November 20, 2021, after a long battle with Multiple Sclerosis.
Robert was born in 1959 at Milford Memorial Hospital in Milford, DE to Robert William Hassett Sr. and June Short. After graduating from high school, he joined the Marine Corps. While serving, he met his wife of 35 years, Hsiang Hua, and they wed in 1986. Robert and Hsiang-Hua raised 3 boys in Harrington, DE, Alex, Aaron, & Adam.
Robert left the Marine Corps after 4 years of service and started his own electrical company, Electrical Services Unlimited, before eventually working at the United States Post Office as a Postal Carrier, a position he held for 24 years.
Robert was proceeded in death by his father, Robert William Hassett Sr., his mother, June Short, and his brother, George Hassett.
Robert is survived by his wife, Hsiang-Hua Hassett, his 3 sons, Alex Hassett, Aaron (Carissa) Hassett, Adam Hassett, and his 3 sisters, June (Ronald) Bramble of Harrington, Barmeta (David) Smith of Farmington, & Annamarie Jester of Milford.
Robert was a kind and generous man with a strong faith. He enjoyed meeting new people and sharing stories. He also enjoyed watching movies with his family, playing billiards, and sharing a meal with the people that he loved.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Robert's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021