Obituaries » Robert Shannon Wilson
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Robert Shannon Wilson, 80, of Vinton passed away on Monday, September 5, 2022, at his residence. He was born on June 16, 1942, in Bedford, VA to the late Fuqua Clayton Wilson and Clara Ayers Wilson.
Robert liked to work, especially on cars at his body shop. He had a special love for motorcycles. Most of all he loved his children and grandchildren. He will be missed by all who knew him.
He is survived by his wife, June Brown Wilson, children, Darrell Alan Wilson (DJ), Cristi Piersma (Brian); grandchildren, Kenny Wilson (Danyelle), Angel Dively (Daniel), Shannon Wilson (Dana) and Taylor Wilson; great-grandchildren, Bryce, Trinity, Gage, Beckett, Riley, Mason, Abbie and Maddie, and numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
No services are being held at this time. Memorial Contributions may be made to St. Jude’s Children Research Hospital.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting family.
Celebrate Robert 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021