Obituaries » Roberta Johnson
Roberta Adelaide McDermott Johnson, 87 passed away peacefully on Sunday April 23, 2023.
She was preceded in death by her husband Eppie Johnson, and her parents John P. McDermott and Ethel R. McDermott.
Roberta worked for the News and Advance as a graphic designer, she was an accomplished artist, pianist, and a lover of her Dachshunds.
She is survived by her son, Allen Wiley III of Lynchburg, cousins, John McDermott (Pat) of Williamsburg, and Tim McDermott (Mary) of Chesterfield and her special friend that she thought of as a second son, Wayne Henegan.
A Celebration of Roberta’s life will be held at 7:00p.m. on Thursday, May 11, 2023, at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, with the Pastor David Cash officiating. The family will receive friends one hour prior.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Roberta's life with a short message, photo or video!
Roberta does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.