Obituaries » Roberta Whitt
Roberta Whitt of Forest, Va passed away May 2nd, surrounded by family. Her great heart drew her to nursing before she became a sailor's wife. She worked at Lynchburg Family Practice Residency Program where she ushered a lot of our local doctors through residency. She followed her dream to open a quilt shop and Quilted Expressions still serves the many customers who became good friends. Roberta was preceded in death by her parents; William Foust and Clairine DeWolf, brothers and sisters; Donna Groat, Ted Foust, Gary Foust, Joyce Dreadfulwater. She is survived by the light of her life, and loving husband of 58 years, Buddy, two children; Tamera Ehlinger and her husband Joe, Jerry Whitt and his wife Susan, three grandsons who brought her so much joy; JT Ehlinger, Parker Ehlinger, and Will Whitt, one sister, Char Anderson, sisters-in-law Judy Foust and Peggy Slaton along with many nieces and nephew and their children. Join us for a casual visitation at Mountain View United Methodist Church on Wednesday, May 11th from 5-7pm. We would love to hear your favorite stories about Roberta and how you knew her or her family. In lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation to Mountain View United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 543, Forest, Virginia, 24551. We have set up a scholarship fund in her name for the Knight’s Club Program to remember Roberta’s love for children.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Roberta 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021