Obituaries » Roger Lee Jacobs
Roger Lee “Tee” Jacobs, 74, of Lynchburg, passed away peacefully on Monday, August 23, 2021. He was preceded in death by his parents James and Annie Mae Austin.
Born on July 14, 1947, in Lynchburg, he attended E.C. Glass High School and retired from Archer Creek Foundry. He enjoyed the outdoors, sports, and was an avid fisherman.
He was loved by all and known for his infectious smile.
He leaves to cherish his memory, devoted daughter Melissa J. Childress of Appomattox.
The family would like to express their gratitude for the incredible care and support provided by Betty and Al DeLara and the staff at Edley Place Home Care who were his family the last several years. A very special thanks to Seven Hills Hospice and especially his angel Alice Powell.
In lieu of flowers please consider a donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 26, 2021, in Spring Hill Cemetery with Rev. Dr. Tom Bryant officiating.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Burial Date August 26, 2021
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Roger Lee 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021