Obituaries » Ronald Miller Irvine
Ronald “Ron” Irvine of Lynchburg, Virginia, passed away on November 12, 2022. He was born on April 27, 1945, in Alleghany County, son of the late Lucian Calvin Irvine and Mary Alice Irvine.
Ron was a loving father, grandfather, brother, uncle, and friend. He was an accountant for the State of Virginia and retired after 23 years as Chief Deputy Clerk of the Circuit Court for the City of Lynchburg.
He is survived by his children, Kimberly Hunter (Jared), and Jonathan Irvine; grandchildren, Jaiden Hunter, Karley Hunter, Dalice Irvine, and Gibson Irvine; his siblings, Nancy Glover, Larry Irvine, and Bobby Irvine; friend, Kevin Massie; as well as several nieces and nephews.
Ron is predeceased by his siblings, Betty Perry, Shirley Selby, Mary White, Calvin Irvine, Lee Roy Irvine, Donald Irvine, Pete Irvine, and Howard Irvine.
A visitation will be held on Sunday, November 20, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory from 2:00-4:00 PM. A private graveside service will be held at Central Advent Christian Church Cemetery at a later date.
In lieu of flowers the family requests memorials be made to the American Diabetes Association, P.O. Box 7023, Merrifield, VA 22116.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Ronald's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021