Obituaries » Rose Compton Broce
Rose Compton Broce, 63, of Covington passed away on Wednesday, July 7, 2021, at Friendship Health & Rehab with her family at her side.
Born October 26, 1957, in Harrisonburg, she was the daughter of the late Rev. Norman Compton and Anna Godshalk Compton. She is also preceded in death by a brother: James Urban, sister: Karen Hamilton and niece: Nicole Gaquerel.
Rose is survived by her two daughters: Cassi Folks, Terra Brookman and her husband, Brian; her son, Whit Broce and his wife, Megan; brother Carl Compton and his wife, Stephanie; grandchildren: Braelyn and Cohen Folks, Gracie Brookman, Madelyn, Meredith, Makenna Broce and nieces and nephews.
Rose was a loving mom, mimi, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. She enjoyed gardening, cooking and most of all spending time with her grandchildren and spoiling them with special treats. Her faith and love for Jesus was strong.
Visitation will be held at Fincastle Baptist Church Highland Campus from 5pm-6pm on Tuesday, August 3, 2021. A celebration of life service will follow at 6 pm conducted by Rev. Jeff Wylde.
Memorial contributions in memory of Rose can be mailed to: Fincastle Baptist Highlands Campus, 230 E. Oak St. Covington, VA 24426 or on line at http://www.fincastlebaptist.org/give
To send condolences online please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Roanoke is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Rose's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021