Obituaries » Roy Roger Saunders, Jr.
Roy Roger Saunders, Jr.
Roy Roger Saunders, Jr., 60, of Madison Heights died Wednesday, May 4, 2022.
Roy was born December 1, 1961, in Lynchburg, VA, a son of Roy Roger Saunders, Sr. of Lynchburg, VA and the late Elizabeth Baber Saunders. He proudly served our country in the U.S. Navy and received a commendation for his bravery.
In addition to his father, Roy is survived by his wife, Lorrie Saunders of Monroe; his daughters, Kristen Ashley Saunders and her significant other, Ryan of Madison Heights, and Tiffany Boydoh and her husband, Paul of Evington; grandchildren, Mikenzi, Jaxon, Benjamin, Beckham, and Emma; a brother, Kevin Saunders of Lynchburg; a sister, Angie Saunders of Lynchburg; a special aunt and uncle, Delores and George Scruggs of Altavista; and a special friend who was like a daughter, Kathy Ellinger.
A private family service will be held at a later time.
The family asks that those wishing to make memorial contributions consider a donation to help with funeral expenses please click here.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Roy's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.