Obituaries » Sandra “Sandy” Kay Malmberg
Sandra “Sandy” Kay Malmberg, of Forest passed away peacefully Sunday, April 18, 2021 at age 68. She was the wife of Tyrone Hicks for over 35 years.
Sandy was born on January 19, 1953 in Wayzata, Minnesota, the daughter of the late Leo Feilen and Elaine Crow Feilen. Sandy was a 1971 graduate of Wayako High School.
Sandy met Tyrone in Virginia Beach, Virginia in 1986 where they fell in love. They dedicated themselves to each other a short time later. In 1988 they moved to Las Vegas, Nevada.
She worked as a specialty account auditor for many years and was a parishioner of St. Therese Parish. Sandy had a vibrant personality; people were naturally drawn to her. She was an inspiration to all. The simple things made her happy, drinking coffee and chatting, baking cookies and crafting were a few of her favorite things.
In addition to her husband Tyrone, she is survived by a brother Dean Feilen of Laughlin, NV, a sister Gloria Perchert of Page, ND, her stepson Maurice Hicks of Mooresville, North Carolina, four step grandchildren and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by one brother Richard Feilen, and one sister Sharon Leist.
The family will hold a private memorial service at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in memory of Sandra Kay Malmberg to the American Heart Association.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Sandra “Sandy” Kay's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021