Obituaries » Sandra Noell Wood
Sandra Noell Wood
Sandra Gayle Noell Wood, 74, of Bedford passed away on Monday, September 26, 2022. She was born on February 1, 1948, in Bedford, VA. Sandra was the daughter of the late Pete Allen Noell and Katie May Wood Noell. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her great-granddaughter, Georgia Lynn Yeager and a brother, Jerry A. Noell.
Sandra is survived by her two sons, David Wood and his wife, Cynthia, and Darryl Wood; three grandchildren, Carrie Witt and her husband, Scott, Darcy Rowell and her husband, Robert, and Corey Brennan; seven great-grandchildren, Taylor, Alex, Elijah, Karly, Hailey, Rebekah and River; Sister-in-law, Kay Noell; special cousin, Linda Hammock; special friends, Patsy Abbott, Jenny Wilson and Dickie Witt; also surviving are numerous nieces, nephews and many other friends.
A funeral service and celebration of Sandra’s life will be conducted at 12:00 noon on Thursday, September 29, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Chapel Crematory, Bedford with Pastor Jon Gillette officiating. The family will receive friends two hours prior to the service starting at 10:00am. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date September 29, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Sandra's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.