Obituaries » Sarah Adelle Brunson
Sarah Adelle Brunson, “Sam” to her friends, 82, of Lynchburg, Va., passed away with her loving son and good friend Laura Crumley by her side on Sunday, September 20, 2021.
She was born on August 6, 1939 the daughter of Dr. William D. McDonald and Dr. Viola McDonald. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, William T. Brunson, Jr., and a brother, Robert Drury McDonald.
She is survived by her son, William Drury Brunson and his wife, Jodi Lynn, and their child; and her nephew Nicholas B. McDonald.
Sam was a loving wife and mother and did not hesitate to express her opinion. She was an accomplished needle crafter, bridge player, and avid book reader. She was an avid proponent for and supporter of the Humane Society and ASPCA. She welcomed Mazi and many other fuzzy friends into her life from these shelters. She was very active in the Poplar Forest Daughters of the American Revolution chapter. During her time with DAR she served as Chapter Librarian, Chapter Treasurer, Chapter Regent, and Chapter Vice Regent. She was also an active member of Colonial Dames 17th Century, West of the Falls Chapter and P.E.O. Sisterhood, Chapter B I.
Due to the family’s wishes, no services will be held at this time.
In lieu of flowers, please consider donations to one of the following charities: Lynchburg Humane Society (lynchburghumane.org); ASPCA (aspca.org); Wounded Warrior Project (woundedwarriorproject.org); or Disabled American Veterans (dav.org).
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Sarah's life with a short message, photo or video!
Sarah does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021