Obituaries » Sharon L. Burrow
Sharon Lee Burrow, 80, of Bedford, passed away peacefully on August 11, 2021, surrounded by her family. She was born in Mishawaka, Indiana on January 21, 1941, and was the only daughter of the late Nino and Inez (Poletti) Zanotti.
Sharon was a devout congregant of Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church where she worked and served for over 33 years. She made her oblation in 2007 as a Benedictine Oblate with the Benedictine Sisters of Virginia at St. Benedict Monastery in Bristow, VA.
She is eternally reunited with Lloyd, her beloved husband of 37 years after a long time apart; and with her younger brother Donny, recently lost.
She is survived by her 3 children; Brian Zanotti, of South Bend, IN; Steven (Dawna) Burrow, of Purcellville, VA; and Dawn (Scott) Caldarella, of Parker, CO.; 8 grandchildren; Rachel, Payton, Brynn, MacKenzie, Skyler, Zachary, Riley and Nathan; and her great-grandson, Beckham.
Sharon was a loyal and devoted wife, a loving sister and mother, a kind and steadfast friend. Above all she was an adoring and beloved grandmother and great-grandmother. Her kind and gentle spirit will be dearly missed by all who knew her.
A funeral mass will be celebrated on Monday, August 16, 2021, at 11:00 am at Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church. Interment will follow at Greenwood Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 3 to 5 pm Sunday, August 15, 2021, at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford.
In lieu of flowers the family is requesting that donations be sent to Capital Caring Health at capitalcaring.org.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Sharon's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021