Obituaries » Sharon Lynn Shelor Callahan
Sharon Lynn Shelor Callahan
Sharon Lynn Callahan, 67, of Roanoke, gained her wings on April 13, 2023. Born in San Diego, CA, Sharon was the daughter of the late Louis and Helen Shelor. Her husband William ‘Bill’ Callahan, sisters Karen Kay Harrison and Edna Rae Allen, brother Henry “Hank” Shelor and nephew, Anthony Paul Allen, also precede her in death.
Those left to uphold, enjoy, and cherish her memory are son, Todd Shelor, daughters Lori Lambert and Crystal Lambert; grandchildren Tia Brown, Dawayne Harris, Nevaeh Lambert, Nevan Graham, Lacie Shelor and Michael Shelor ; sisters, Beverly Coles and Mary Perdue(Huey); as well as numerous nieces, nephews and friends- all from Roanoke.
Sharon devoted herself to her family, always preferring to put others before herself. Sharon’s greatest joys came from spending time with those she loved and she also enjoyed playing bingo, watching Dr.Phil and shopping at QVC. She fought a long battle with COPD and never gave up. She will be missed by those who knew and loved her.
A service of worship honoring Sharon’s life will be held at Hollins Road Church of the Brethren, 2404 Hollins Rd. NE Roanoke, VA 24012 on Thursday, April 20, 2023 at 6pm.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Roanoke, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Sharon's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.