Obituaries » Shirley Adams Pritchett
Shirley Adams Pritchett, passed away on Tuesday, March 1, 2022, after a short illness.
She was born on February 27, 1936, a daughter of the late James Walter Adams and Cassie Drinkard Adams.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband of 62 years, Fred Pritchett, a grandson Kelly Ray White, three brothers and their wives, Jimmy Adams (Ruth), Walter Adams (Evelyn), along with Carlton Adams (Phyllis), two sisters, Virginia Alford (Oren) and Beatrice Rice (Russell).
Left to cherish her memory are her daughters; Carolyn White (Will), Mary Stinnett (Robert), Wanda McCarty (John), Theresa Danos (Joe), and Cathy Moorefield. 16 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; and 2 great-great grandchildren.
Shirley retired from Central Virginia Training Center after 40 years of service.
The family will receive friends today, March 3, 2022, from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg.
Funeral services will be held 11:00 AM, Friday, March 4, 2022, at Calvary Baptist Church, Concord with the Reverend Ray Eure officiating. Interment will follow in the church cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home and Crematory, Lynchburg (434-237-9424) is assisting the family. Condolences may be sent by visiting: obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Shirley's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021