Obituaries » Shirley Louise Coffey Wingfield
Shirley Louise Coffey Wingfield, entered into Eternal Rest, January 3, 2022, in Florida. She was born on September 20, 1934, in Roanoke, VA. She was preceded in death by her parents, Troy and Louise Coffey, her husband, The Reverend Dr. Floyd J. Wingfield, Jr. and her son Allen Wade Wingfield. Shirley made her home in Florida, where she had many wonderful friends and neighbors. Her closest friends were Randall and Barbara Blankenship of Roanoke, VA and Florida. Her dear family Patsy and Lawrence Wingfield of Charlottesville, VA, and her favorite niece and spouse, Pam and Bob Garner of Ruckersville, VA.
Memorial Contributions may be made to the charity of your choice. Acknowledgements can be made to Lawrence and Patsy Wingfield, 2322 Tarleton Dr. Charlottesville, VA 22901.
A graveside service will be conducted at Virginia Memorial Park on Friday, January 21, 2022, at 2:00 pm with the Rev. Randall Blankenship officiating.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Shirley's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021