Obituaries » Shirley Mae Reid
God called on “One of His Angels” April 10, 2022, Shirley Mae Reid. She was born October 20, 1962, to the late Charles Eubanks and Mary Scott Hopkins.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Mary Hopkins, father Charles Eubanks, Sr.; brother Charles Eubanks, Jr. grandmother Elsie Scott; Grandfather Sylvester Scott; grandmother, Annie Eubanks.
She leaves to cherish her loving memory Irvin Reid (Keisha) and Bradley Reid of Lynchburg VA; Kenyetta and Kevin Douglas of Monroe, VA; and ShaKera (Jeffrey) of South Carolina; her sister Brenda Scott (Darryl Early); her brothers Roger Eubanks, Gregory Eubanks (Tonya) all of Lynchburg; Phillip Eubanks of Monroe, VA. A very devoted father Kevin Douglas Sr. and devoted friends Carmen Coles and Cathy Carroll.; a host of aunts, cousins, friends, nieces and nephews and uncles.
A celebration of Shirley’s life will be held at 3 p.m. Friday, April 15, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home, Madison Heights with visitation one hour prior to the celebration.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Shirley's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021