Obituaries » Shobha Karkera Joseph
Shobha Karkera Joseph
Shobha Karkera Joseph went home to be with her precious Lord Jesus on October 3, 2022.
She was born to the late Gangadhar and Appi Karkera in Maharashtra, India on September 18, 1957, and she grew up with love and laughter surrounded by her siblings Hemlata Rasquinha, Urmila Karkera, Vinod Karkera, the late Shakuntala Kotian, the late Ashok Karkera, and the late Ramprakash Karkera.
She leaves behind her greatest legacy with her children, Posh Joseph and Jorshe Joseph (Megan). They were her delight, and she left this world proud to be their mum. Undeniably, her five grandchildren were her greatest joy. She prayed for them daily, bragged about them constantly, and always found sneaky ways to spoil them all. Jason (8), Nia (6), Jordyn (5), Maleena (4), and Kaiyana (1) will all grow up with many reminders of how much their grandmother loved them.
Shobha would want everyone to know that at the end of her life all that mattered to her was how faithful her Jesus was to her and how much He cared for her along the way.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Passion Community Church located at 512 Breezewood Drive Lynchburg, VA 24502 with her son, Pastor Jorshe Joseph, officiating. Visitation will begin at 10 am and the service will begin at 11 am.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to Passion Community Church’s Missions Fund. You may find the link here. Shobha was passionate about the local church and spreading the love and hope of the Gospel to the ends of the Earth.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Shobha Karkera's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.