Obituaries » Sidney Fay Adams Gunter
Sidney Fay Adams Gunter
Sidney Fay Adams Gunter, 91, of Vinton, Virginia passed away on Thursday, December 8, 2022. She was the daughter of the late Sidney Adams and Ada Fleming Adams. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her son, Marc Eugene Gunter.
She was born on April 24, 1931, in Salem, Virginia. Sidney had a love for her Lord and her church. She loved her family and will be missed greatly by them. She also has a love for dogs and at one time training them. She enjoyed knitting, crocheting, and sewing. She was an avid Virginia Tech fan.
She is survived by her daughter, Michele Gunter; grandchildren, Lindsey Christine Gunter, Lauren Thomas, Aaron Gunter and great-grandchildren, Radley Wallace and Remi Lynn Wallace; sister, Virginia Bohon; nieces, Brenda Bohon and Charlotte Wimmer and nephews, Bruce Bohon, Tommy Lawrence and Buddy Lawrence.
The family would extend a special thank you to Good Samaritan Hospice for there dedication and care. Also, a special thank you to Berkshire Health & Rehab Center for the care that was given to Sidney.
A Funeral Service will be conducted at 2:00pm on Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at Gospel Light Baptist Church, 6307 Cloverdale Road, Roanoke, VA 24019, with the Rev. Wayne Wyatt officiating. Interment will follow at Old Dominion Memorial Gardens. The family receive friends one hour prior.
Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit www.tharpfuneralhome.com
Burial Date December 13, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Sidney's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.