Obituaries » Stephen Ray Thacker
Steve was born July 11, 1952, to Ray M. and Frances H. Thacker in Washington DC. He passed away April 3, 2022, having dealt with a long illness. He was married to Deborah V. Thacker for 47 years.
He lived in Maryland for ten years and then moved to Annandale, Va. where he graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School in 1970 and then attended George Mason. He played drums for several rock bands during this time. After moving to Lynchburg, Va. with his family in 1972 he started his Prepress Artisan Technician career with Central Lithographic in 1973 until 1992. He then worked for Progress Printing until retiring in 2010. He was an excellent employee and a very good friend to all that he met and a devoted Washington Redskins fan.
He was preceded in death by his parents and sister Martha F. Thacker. He is survived by his wife Debbie and two sons Hunter R. Thacker and wife Elizabeth, Travis D. Thacker and wife Anna. His precious grandchildren Ember, Lilly, Brooks, Ivy, and Anne Katherine. His Brother Mark C. Thacker and his sons Derek and Ryan from Kitty Hawk, NC. Martha’s daughters Molly Henderson and Katie Gilland. In-laws Rebecca Spetz, Judy and Jimmy Cleland, Bessie Ann and Randy Morris, with many more nieces and nephews.
Celebration of life will be held at a later date.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Stephen's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021