Obituaries » Steven Douglas Bagwell
Steven Douglas Bagwell
Steven Douglas Bagwell, 62, of Madison Heights went home to be with the Lord on October 5, 2022 at his residence.
Steve is well known for being the gas attendant at the former Amoco and his love for Jesus. He dedicated his life to raising his daughters and being a caretaker for his father. Steve was a man of few words. He had a love for motorcycles, hot rods, the beach, rock and roll music, but most of all he loved watching the sports channel and Nascar with his dog, Diesel Lou.
Steve was preceded in death by his loving wife, Nora Lynn Bagwell, and his parents, Frank and Shirley Bagwell.
Left to cherish his memory are his daughters, Nikki Slusher and husband Chris, Amanda Bagwell and boyfriend, Zach Fitzgerald, Rebecca Bagwell and boyfriend, Armond Sarokhanian, and Amy Powell; a son, Nathaniel Miller; a sister, Ann Childress; a brother, Frank Bagwell, Jr. and wife, Celeste; four grandsons: Chris Slusher, Jr., Cole Slusher, Aven “Leroy” Fitzgerald, and Alexander Sarokhanian; a special companion, Stephanie Robbins; as well as a host of nieces, nephews, and other family and friends.
There will be no service per his wishes, but the family will receive friends on Monday, October 10, 2022, from 6 to 8pm at Tharp Funeral Home, Madison Heights.
The family would like to give a special thanks to UVA Cancer Center, and Seven Hills Hospice, especially his special hospice nurse, Alice.
In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to Amherst County Humane Society, 318 Shelter Ln. Amherst, VA 24521, in memory of Steve.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Steven's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.