Obituaries » Stuart Robert Bowler
Stuart Robert Bowler
Stuart “Stu” “Mr. Pid” Robert Bowler passed away unexpectedly on January 16, 2023, after a brief illness at Lynchburg General Hospital.
Stu is survived by his beloved wife of 55 years, Sharon Sperling Bowler; his daughters, Stephanie Clisso (Tony) & Stacie Gaddy (Travis); his grandchildren, TJ Clisso; Alix Clisso; Kerry Cofer (Jordan); Karlie Cofer (Carlos Cifuentes); and great granddaughter, Luna Cifuentes; brother, Retired Lt. Col., Joseph L. Bowler, Jr. (Holly); special niece & nephew, Hilary Jolly (Christian) & Blake Bowler (Erin); a niece and several other nephews; brothers/sisters-in-law; and extended family. He was preceded in death by his parents, Major Joseph L. and Madelyn Lichty Bowler.
Stu graduated in 1967 from Electronics Institute in Harrisburg, PA. In 1968, he moved his family to Lynchburg, VA to take a job with GE and later worked for Babcock & Wilcox before transitioning to work in the nuclear industry until his retirement in December 2022. He had various positions in the nuclear field that required extensive travel and in his final years he was a data analyst.
A viewing and church service will be held on Saturday, January 28, 2023, at 1 p.m. at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church with Pastor Dennis S. Roberts officiating. The church is located at 1000 Langhorne Road, Lynchburg, VA.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the American Cancer Society, Wounded Warriors, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, or a charity of your choice.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Stuart 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.