Obituaries » Susan Fauber Sihlanick
Susan Fauber Sihlanick
Susan Fauber Sihlanick, age 72, passed away at Lynchburg General Hospital on April 10, just short of her 73rd birthday. Born in Lynchburg to John and Shirley Fauber, she is survived by her sister Sallie Thompson (Al), nephew Todd Thompson (Michelle and son Logan), husband Mark Sihlanick, and their children Kirsten (Andrew Snyder) and Kevin. Her light in the world came from her precious grandson Evan Snyder.
Growing up in Lynchburg, she taught government and was a guidance counselor in Highland County, Staunton River, EC Glass, and Heritage Elementary. After retirement she continued to serve both as a volunteer in schools and giving tours and interpretation at Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest for over 30 years. Her love of history and reading was reflected in her love of travel, and planning that travel. Her dream of seeing Greece was to be the next trip, but there were many, many trips before, on land, rivers, and oceans.
A visitation will be 10AM Saturday April 15, 2023 at Chestnut Hill Baptist Church in Lynchburg, with a memorial service to follow at 11AM. In lieu of flowers, please consider donating to Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest or Chestnut Hill Baptist Church.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Susan Fauber's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.