Obituaries » Susan Nelligan Hyde
Susan Nelligan Hyde
Susan Nelligan Hyde passed away peacefully at her home on Monday April 3, 2023. She was born in Lynchburg on May 16, 1942. She was preceded in death by her husband Timothy Hyde, and her parents Lydia Kinnier Nelligan and Palmer Shaw Nelligan.
She is survived by her brother Wistar Palmer Nelligan and his wife Duane Perrow Nelligan; nephew, Wistar Nelligan Jr. and his wife Blair, and their children Wistar, III, Carter and Liddy, and Julia; niece, Katherine Nelligan Steuart and her husband Carter and their children Carter, Langley and Taylor; Cousin, James K. Alexander and his wife Ann; Cousin, Wiley R. Cooke Jr. and his wife Holly; Companion and devoted friend, Simon Bass and her loyal dog Maisie.
A special thank you to Blair Nelligan, Bernice Davidson, Simon Bass, and Melissa Floyd (Amedysis Hospice) for the loving care given to Susan during her illness.
Contributions can be made in her memory to the Lynchburg Humane Society at www.Lynchburghumane.org.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Susan's life with a short message, photo or video!
Susan does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.