Obituaries » Susan Marie Behnchen Maroulis
Susan Marie Behnchen Maroulis, 75, of Goodview, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday, June 13, 2021. She was the daughter of the late Eggert Charles Behnchen and Clara Carter Behnchen.
Known to many as “SueSue,” she was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother who was passionate in her relationship with God and shared her faith with many .
Susan is survived by her husband of 54 years, Robert Costas Maroulis; her daughters, Daina Larson (Thomas) and Amy Carroll (Todd); her son, Robert Maroulis; as well as her six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
A celebration of Susan’s life will be conducted at Jackson Memorial Baptist Church in Chesapeake, Virginia at 11:00AM on Saturday, June 19, 2021.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks donations be made in her memory to the American Cancer Society.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Susan's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021