Obituaries » Suzanne Martin Montgomery
Suzanne Martin Montgomery, 64, of Lynchburg, passed away on November 7, 2022, at Liberty Ridge Health & Rehab. She was born on June 13, 1958, in Lynchburg, Virginia, to the late Robert Gene Montgomery and the late Alice Martin Montgomery. She was a 1976 graduate of Brookville High School, where she lettered in track, basketball, and tennis, and was also an accomplished equestrian, winning numerous awards. She was particularly proud of winning the State Championship in Western Equitation at a 4H Horse Show held at the State Fair in Richmond at the age of 15. Suzanne graduated from Radford University in 1980 with a BS degree in Criminal Justice and spent her working career in Loss Prevention. She was a member of Timberlake United Methodist Church.
In addition to her parents, Suzanne was proceeded in death by her brother, Robert Gene “Monty” Montgomery Jr. Left to cherish her memory is a sister-in-law, Mary P. Montgomery, nieces Mary Alice Montgomery and Megan Elizabeth Powell (husband Darrell, and children Ava, Nico, and Hunter); aunt Debbie Moyer Montgomery, and numerous cousins.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, December 3, 2022, at Timberlake United Methodist Church, 21649 Timberlake Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24502 with Pastor Brad McMullen and Estelle Holt, Minister of Congregational Care. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Brook Hill Farm, 7289 Bellevue Rd, Forest, VA 24551, or Timberlake United Methodist Church.
Tharp Funeral Home and Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Suzanne Martin's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021