Obituaries » Sylvia Hackworth Henderson
Sylvia Hackworth Henderson, 75, of Madison Heights passed away Thursday, April 28, 2022. She was the wife of Rodger D. Henderson.
Sylvia was born March 26, 1947, in Lynchburg a daughter of the late David Ward Hackworth and Annie Case Hackworth. Sylvia was retired after 28 years’ service as a restaurant manager at Days Inn in Lynchburg.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by her son, Chip Justis and wife, Charlotte Justis of Forest, a step-son Stephen Roberts, one brother David Hackworth, Jr. of Myrtle Beach, SC, three grandchildren, seven step-grandchildren, and three step-great-grandchildren. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by one son Donnivan Justis.
In accordance with her wishes, services will be private.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Sylvia's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021