Obituaries » Tanya Michelle Lawhorne
Tanya Michelle Lawhorne, 49, of Madison Heights, passed away on Monday, April 25, 2022. She was a daughter of Ronald Wayne and Cheryl Lavender Lawhorne of Madison Heights.
Tanya was born on September 5, 1972 in Lynchburg, Virginia. She was a graduate of Amherst County High School and Lynchburg General School of Nursing.
Tanya spent many years exploring the country working as a travel registered nurse. She had the opportunity to work with some of the most talented healthcare professionals from Maine to California and almost everywhere in-between. She had a carefree attitude towards life and she enjoyed impromptu road trips, baking (especially during the holidays), 80’s rock music, and vacationing at Myrtle Beach.
Along with her parents, she is survived by her sister, Ronielle Roberts (Luke) of Forest, Va.; several close friends whom she affectionately referred to as her “tribe”, which includes Lisa Harlow of Amherst, Lorrie Faulconor of Madison Heights, and Jennifer Filkoski of Montross; and many other close friends and family members.
She was proceeded in death by her maternal grandmother, Dollie Lavender; maternal grandfather, Samuel Lavender, Sr..; paternal grandparents, Dickie and Margaret Lawhorne; uncles Samuel (Buster) Lavender, Jr. and Roger Lawhorne; and an aunt, Rebecca Overstreet.
In lieu of flowers, Tanya would hope that you will do an unexpected act of kindness for someone. She believed in giving a smile, a helping hand, or a donation to someone in need.
The family will hold a friends and family night to celebrate her life on Friday, June 3rd from 6 -7:30 PM at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory in Madison Heights.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Tanya's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021