Obituaries » Thomas Dabney Padgett, Sr.
Tommy Padgett, 65, died February 26, 2022. He was born September 15,1956 in Lynchburg, the son of William Edward Padgett, Sr. and Julia Hagan Woods Padgett.
Tommy graduated from E.C.Glass High School, Class of 1974. Following graduation he worked at N.B. Handy for 42 years.
He had a passion for collecting. Some things were valuable and some maybe not so much.
Tommy was a kind hearted soul. Very likeable, an easy spirit, honest and reliable to the core. He was a wonderful father and adored his kids. Plus he was an amazing “dog whisperer!” He will be dearly missed by his family and friends.
Tommy was preceded in death by his parents. He is survived by his siblings William Edward Padgett, Jr. and Julia Woods Padgett Maloney; his former wife Carol Allyn Padgett; his children Thomas Dabney Padgett and Hannah Allyn Padgett; one grandchild Kyleigh Padgett; cousins Bettie T. Farmer and George A. Thompson; and a long time childhood friend, Archer Kirk.
A graveside service will be held on Friday, March 4, 2022 at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 3788 Buffalo Springs Tpk. in Pedlar Mills, Monroe, at 12 p.m.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Thomas's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021