Obituaries » Thomas Wayne Smith Jr.
Please join us for a Celebration of Life Ceremony on Saturday April 23, 2022, at 1 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, 220 Breezewood Drive, Lynchburg VA 24502.
Thomas Wayne Smith Jr.
Thomas Wayne Smith, Jr., 61, of Supply, N.C. passed away on March 6, 2022. A former resident of Lynchburg, Va. and Maryland. Tommy was born the eldest child to Thomas Wayne and Betty Smith in June of 1960.
He is survived by his devoted wife of 23 years Stacey; his proudest accomplishment daughter Shannon Marie; his mother Betty; his sister Kim; and his brother Gary. He was preceded in death by his father, Thomas Wayne Smith.
Although a less than average life span, Tommy did not live an average life. He never met a stranger, traveled, joked, and lived life large with a smile. He enjoyed golfing, hunting, fishing, friends, and loved his family whole-heartedly.
Please join us for a Celebration of Life Ceremony on Saturday April 23, 2022 at 1:00 pm at Tharp Funeral Home, 220 Breezewood Drive, Lynchburg VA 24502.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Jude Children’s Hospital, a charity Tommy has supported for some time.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Thomas's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.