Obituaries » Thurman E. Mawyer, Jr.
Thurman Emmett Mawyer, Jr., 79, of Lynchburg, passed away on November 16, 2022. He was the oldest son of Thurman Emmett Mawyer Sr and Mary Mawyer. He was a veteran of the National Guard and a retired supervisor of 32 years at Glamorgan, later known as Griffin Pipe. After retirement he was employed at True Value Hardware Store and many customers came in to just see him. At the age of 13 he got his very first job in a bowling alley and later a paperboy.
He was the loving husband of Donna G Mawyer for 57 years. He considered his greatest accomplishments and proudest creations to be his three children, Thurman, Terri, and Karen. He is survived by his two brothers, Johnny and Tommy Mawyer; two sisters, Jane Ayers and Della Mawyer; along with many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his brother, Carroll Mawyer. He was a wonderful husband, father, brother, provider, and friend, and will be sorely missed and lovingly remembered by all.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Thurman E.'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021