Obituaries » Timothy Russell “Timmy” Giles
Timothy Russell “Timmy” Giles, 61, of Montvale, passed away on January 17, 2023. He was born in Bedford, VA on November 19, 1961. A son of Robert Allen “Dinkie” Giles and Betty Humphreys Giles.
Timmy was a Crane Operator for Innerfab, Maxim Crane, and W.O. Grubb during his work career. He was a member of the Operating Engineers Local 147 of Virginia. He loved farming, killing hogs, and working on the land. He often loved buying and selling antiques and going for rides on his Harley Davidson. He was loved by his family, friends and will be missed dearly.
In addition to his parents, Timmy was survived by a special daughter, Brittany Conner; special granddaughter, Ellie Conner; siblings, Jeff Giles and his wife, Phyllis, Angela Craig and her husband, Randy and Leigh Ann Giles; numerous, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins and many friends. He was also survived by his special three-legged companion Hob Along.
The family will receive friends from 6:00 until 8:00 pm on Tuesday, January 24, 2023, at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford. There will be a private graveside at a later date. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Timothy's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021