Obituaries » Tony Nabangchang
Tony Nabangchang departed this life on May 28, leaving behind his dearly loved dog, Amy. Tony was born in Bangkok, Thailand and traveled to Virginia in his early teens. This first job was at Bonanza Steak House in Lynchburg, where he met friends who he was still close with today. He graduated from Holy Cross High School and went on to receive a BS in Engineering from Virginia Tech. Tony was a Hokie fan through and through and enjoyed spending Saturdays yelling at the TV during football season. He fell in love with this Country and his proudest moment was when he became a citizen. Tony knew US War History better than most and was an ardent supporter of our troops.
Tony is preceded in death by his biological parents in Thailand and his adoptive parents, Virgil and Edith Beckner, his sisters Roberta Stoney and Marian Riggins, and his brothers Virgil Beckner, Jr. and Thomas Beckner.
Tony will be missed by a host of lifelong friends made throughout his journey, including the Luken family who knew him for over 47 years and considered him family.
A memorial service will be held in the future. You may honor Tony by making a donation to the Roanoke, Valley SPCA, or another animal care organization, in his name.
To send condolences online please visit tharpfuenralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Tony's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021