Obituaries » Virgil C. “Vic” Horton
Virgil C. “Vic” Horton 83, of Lynchburg, died Tuesday, August 16, 2022. The following are the thoughts he wanted to share:
Virgil was a loving husband, father, grandfather and was a man of strong faith. He was blessed to have found love twice in his life, he was married first to the late Ruth Sowder Horton until her passing. He then married Susan McDorman Horton the love of his life until his passing.
He is survived by his wife, Susan; one daughter, Susan Overstreet and her husband, Dan Overstreet; two grandsons; two great-grandsons; one great-granddaughter; and one brother, Frank Horton.
The family plans to have a private graveside service at Virginia Memorial Park.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Virgil C. “Vic”'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021