Obituaries » Wade Dallis Locy, Jr.
Wade Dallis Locy, Jr., 84, of Lynchburg, VA, went Home to be with his Lord and Savior on Tuesday, January 25, 2022.
Wade was born on July 6, 1937, in Washington, D.C., a son of the late Wade Locy, Sr. and Alice Elliott Locy. Wade was a retired teacher and professor in public and private education. He was also a retired music director, having directed for over 50 years. He loved people and showed it by never meeting a stranger. He deeply loved his family, enjoying time at Surfside Beach, breaking bread at Cracker Barrel, and sitting around the piano singing the old hymns. He was also very fond of automobiles, trains, and clocks. He will be deeply missed by his family and friends.
Wade is survived by his wife, Sandra Locy, of Lynchburg, VA; his daughter, Sharon Collins and husband, Billy, and grandchildren Grant and Grace Collins of Winston-Salem, NC; his son, Jonathan Locy and wife, Sara, and grandson Sebastian Locy of Chelsea, AL; his brother, Ronnie Locy and wife, Donna, of Spring Hill, TN; and brother, Ray Locy and wife, Sheryl, of Indian Trail, NC.
A visitation will be held on Sunday, January 30th, 2022, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. A funeral service will be held on Monday, January 31st, 2022, at Heritage Baptist Church at 11 a.m. with Pastor Kevin Haglund officiating. A graveside service will follow at Virginia Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Heritage Baptist Church Worship & Music Ministry in memory of Wade Locy, Jr.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Wade Dallis's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021