Obituaries » Walter Ray Wright, Sr.
Walter Ray Wright, Sr.
Walter Ray “Bobby” Wright, Sr., 90, of Appomattox, VA passed away at Lynchburg General Hospital on Saturday, July 16, 2022.
He was born on April 15, 1932, in Lynchburg, VA a son of the late Robert L. Wright, Sr. and Dorothy Mary Tyree Wright. Also, preceding him in death is his wife Maggie Laura Wright, son Walter Ray Wright. Jr., three brothers, and five sisters.
Bobby retired as a painter of 50 years of service and served in the US Army.
He is survived by his daughters Denise Dawn Helm and Sharon H. Campbell; 5 grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren, nieces, and nephews.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Walter's life with a short message, photo or video!
Walter does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.