Obituaries » Wanda Pritchett McCarty
Wanda Pritchett McCarty
Wanda Pritchett McCarty, 66, of Rustburg went to be with the Lord on Thursday, April 20, 2023. She retired from J Crew.
She is survived by her husband, Jonathan Wayne McCarty; children, Joan Ashley (David), Philip Rigg, Jr.(Renee), and Stacy Grigg (Stephan); grandchildren, Haley Alexis Rigg, Micah Leroy Ashley, Josiah David Ashley, and Josephine Marie Grigg; sisters, Carolyn White (Will), Mary Stinnett (Robert), Theresa Danos (Joe), and Cathy Moorefield.
Wanda loved many things, especially her family. She was crazy about her grandchildren. She loved to entertain and sing karaoke. Just hand her a mic and enjoy the show. She loved having big family gatherings. She was a social butterfly. If you were lucky enough to have her as your friend, you knew you had a friend for life. She was very generous and always willing to lend a hand.
Wanda was a great person and was loved by many. Rest in peace Wanda! You will never be forgotten.
A celebration of her life will be held Monday April 24, 2023 at Lynchburg Church of Christ at 1:00 PM with Minister Ray Eure Officiating. Interment will follow at Calvary Baptist Church cemetery in Concord, Virginia. A visitation will be held Sunday, April 23, 2023, at Tharp Funeral Home in Lynchburg from 6:00-8:00 PM.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Wanda's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.