Obituaries » Wanda Sobolewska Kurasz
Wanda Sobolewska Kurasz
Wanda Sobolewska Kurasz, 87, of Lynchburg, died Wednesday, October 26, 2022. She was the wife of Zygmunt “Ziggy” Kurasz for 65 years.
She was born on May 28, 1935, in Poland to the late Emil Sobolewski and the late Adela Downar Sobolewska. She emigrated to the United States with her family in February of 1963, settling in Bayonne, N. J. She worked as a seamstress and domestic caretaker and was a lifelong parishioner of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church.
Along with her husband, she is survived by her son Alex Kurasz and his wife, Stasia; her daughter-in-law Linda Kurasz; five grandchildren: Daniel and his wife, Stephanie, Jennifer and her husband, Justin Duma, Anthony, Jr., Michael and his partner, Melissa Sanzo, and Steven; and a great-granddaughter Melanie. Along with her parents, she was preceded in death by her son, Anthony.
The family will receive friends on Sunday, October 30, 2022 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg from 2 to 4 p.m. Funeral services and interment will take place at a later date in Bayonne, New Jersey.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Wanda Sobolewska's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.