Obituaries » Warren Edward Miller, Jr.
Warren Edward Miller, Jr. departed this life on July 27, 2021 at home with his wife by his side. He was the devoted husband of Betty Carwile Miller for 30 years. He was born on October 12, 1942 in Lynchburg, VA. He was the son of the late Warren Miller Sr. and Helen Dobyns Miller. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, Lewis Dwight Miller.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons, Barry Lee Miller (Tina) of Cumming, GA, and Edward Len Miller (Jennifer) of Jupiter, FL; step-daughter, Debbie Smith of Rustburg, VA; grandchildren, Alexandra of GA, Soucha and Ffion of Wales, UK; step-grandchildren, Braden and Justin Smith of Rustburg, VA; his brother, David Wayne Miller (Jonna) of Lebanon, TN; sister, Mary Sue Ramey (George) of Forest, VA; and first wife, Louise Miller.
Warren was employed by Progress Press of Roanoke, VA, Altavista Printing of Altavista, VA, and The Daily Advance of Lynchburg, VA. He enjoyed spending time on the golf course and playing poker with his friends.
No services will be held at this time. In lieu of flowers, please make memorial contributions to Thomas Road Baptist Church.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Warren's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021