Obituaries » William "Bill" Robinson Tinsley
William “Bill” Robinson Tinsley, 75, of Amherst, Virginia passed away on Thursday, January 13th, 2022. He was the adopted son of the late James Warren Tinsley and Kathleen Robinson Tinsley, and the husband of Dorothy “Dee” Tinsley for 21 years.
Bill was born on July 19th, 1946, in Charlottesville, Virginia. He attended school at Amherst County High School graduating in 1964.
Bill enjoyed being outside, building everything from buildings to furniture, and traveling around the country.
In addition to his wife, Bill is survived by his son: Scott Tinsley and wife, Mandy; stepchildren: William Allen Perkins and wife, Carol, and Anna Susie Prezioso and husband, Rich; his grandchildren: Taylor Tinsley and wife, Amanda, Jordan Tinsley, Chelsea Leigh Burnette, Colby Burnette, Robby Leedy, Gary Allen Perkins, and Katrina Marie Perkins; his great-grandchildren: Macee Amara Scott, and Easton Daniel Leedy; and many loving friends in the community.
In addition to his parents, Bill is preceded in death by his birth parents, Cecil Robinson, Sr. and Maxine Robinson; brothers: Cecil Robinson, Jr., and Donald Robinson.
The memorial service will be held on Friday, January 21st, 2022 at 3 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Madison Heights, with a visitation one hour prior.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate William \"Bill\" Robinson's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021