Obituaries » William David Anderson
William David “Bill” Anderson, Sr. of Forest, Virginia passed away Thursday, June 30, 2022, at the age of 82.
Born in Bristol, Tennessee on February 28, 1940. He was the son of the late William Davis and Mildred Powell Anderson.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his daughter, Jennifer Anderson Pendleton and sister, Jean Bourne.
Bill is survived by his loving wife of 56 years, Shirley Martin Anderson. His sons, Jeff (Amy) and W. David “Dave”, Jr. (Misty); his grandchildren, Alex Garnier, Jessica Mays, Shea Pendleton, Caitlin Anderson, Haley Anderson, W. David Anderson, III, Caila Anderson, and numerous nieces and nephews, and a special brother-in-law Lewis Bourne.
Bill loved to play piano and made it a point to play whenever he could. He was a member of Thomas Road Baptist Church and loved his church family.
The family will receive friends from 6-8 pm on Friday, July 8th at Tharp Funeral Home in Lynchburg. A graveside service will be held at Blue Ridge Memorial Gardens in Roanoke on Saturday, July 9th at 11am, with Pastor Jonathan Falwell officiating.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory in Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Visitation: Friday, July 8th 6-8pm Tharp Funeral Home 220 Breezewood Dr. Lynchburg, VA 24502 Graveside Service: Saturday, July 9th 11am Blue Ridge Memorial Gardens 5737 Airport Rd NW Roanoke, VA 24012
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate William David 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021