Obituaries » William Russell Hurley
William Russell Hurley
William Russell Hurley, 86, of Bedford, passed away on Monday, June 27, 2022. Born on November 13, 1935, in Petersburg, PA to the late W. Russell, Sr. and Leona Gable Hurley. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his sister, Melissa Conrad and a son, Jonathan Hurley.
He graduated from Penn State University under the Naval ROTC Program and served in the U.S. Navy. He retired from Rockwell International in Seal Beach, CA in 1995 and moved to Bedford, VA. He was a member of Main Street United Methodist Church.
He is survived by his wife, Carol Hurley; sons, Michael Hurley and wife, Cyndi, Kevin Hurley and wife, Judy, and daughter, Elizabeth Hurley, also 10 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren and a brother, Leonard Hurley and wife, Ethel.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate William's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.