Obituaries » William W Townsend
William W Townsend
William Waverly Townsend, Jr, 80, of Lynchburg passed away on July 18, 2022 at Lynchburg General Hospital. He was the loving husband of Patricia Martin Townsend for 53 years. He was preceded in death by his parents, William Waverly Townsend, Sr and Elizabeth Johnson Townsend; and a sister, Claire Townsend Flint.
He is survived by his wife, Patricia of Lynchburg, his daughter, Amy Townsend Jones (Steve) of Lynchburg, his grandchildren, Tristen, Taylor and Victoria and a nephew, Glenn D. Flint, Jr.
Born on February 28, 1942 in San Diego, CA, Bill spent his younger years in Key West, FL and Forest, VA. He graduated from Brookville High School. He served in the United States Navy for several years and was stationed in Naples, Italy. After returning from Naples, Bill settled in Lynchburg, VA. He worked for Lewis Marsh and Associates as an accountant from 1967 until his retirement in 2012. He loved anything related to the water including boating, fishing and swimming. He also enjoyed shooting his guns at the shooting range whenever he had a chance. Of course, he loved spending time with his grandchildren either watching movies with them or supporting them in their activities. Bill was a perpetual jokester and always made everyone laugh. He will be dearly missed.
The family will scatter his ashes in the ocean off the coast of Key West in addition to the formal “Burial at Sea” ceremony performed by the United States Navy.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate William's life with a short message, photo or video!
William does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.