Obituaries » William Willis Moir
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
William Willis “Bill” Moir, 83, of Forest, VA went to be with the Lord on August 26, 2022. He was the loving husband of Marilyn Beatrice Shaw Moir for 60 years.
Born February 17, 1939 in Philadelphia, PA, he was the son of William George Moir and J. Mildred Willis Moir. William graduated from Edison Northeast High School. He had a lasting career with Flowers Bakery as a supervisor and inventory controller. He was a member of Heritage Baptist Church where he was a devoted Prayer Warrior.
In addition to his wife, left to cherish William’s memory are his children, William Keith Moir and Denise Moir Lacy (Robert); grandchildren, Holli Moir Stewart, Chase Winston Lawhorne, Heidi Elizabeth Moir; great-grandchildren, Kaytlin E. Moir, Chase William Lawhorne, and McKenna L. Stewart.
A celebration of William’s life will be held Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. at Heritage Baptist Church, Lynchburg, VA. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service as well as following the service.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Heritage Baptist Church Missions or Children’s Ministry.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
To watch the livestream of William’s service on the Heritage Baptist Church website, please click HERE
Celebrate William's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021