Obituaries » Alfred Kenneth "Kenny" Nightingale
A.K. (Kenny) Nightingale, 71, of Bedford, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, February 16, 2022. He was born on July 24, 1950, in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts to the late A. K. and Mildred Nightingale Sr.
As a true New England Patriot, he loved and served his country in the US Navy Seabees, with his tour of duty in Operation Deep Freeze, Antartica. He was an avid Red Sox, Patriot’s football, and Nascar fan. As a motor sports enthusiast, his second passion involved all things related to classic cars. He also enjoyed fishing, cribbage, barbecuing, clambakes, and was always drawn by the call of the ocean. His walk with Jesus led him to realize life’s greatest pleasure and brought him great joy through treasured relationships with friends and family.
Kenny is survived by his wife of 44 years, Deborah Nightingale; daughter Danielle Nightingale-Kline and husband Jim Kline, son Chip Willis, grandsons Zac and Randy Nightingale, sister-in-law Margaret DeBardino-Stosny, nephews Tyler DeBardino and A.J. Stosny, and sister Diane Plourde and beloved blue healer, Olivia.
A memorial service and celebration of life will be conducted at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at Bedrock Community Church, 402 East Main St., Bedford, VA.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences, please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Alfred Kenneth's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021