Obituaries » Alice Virginia Martin Montgomery
Alice Virginia Martin Montgomery, 94, of Lynchburg, passed away on September 23, 2022, at Runk and Pratt, Leesville Rd. She was born on July 13, 1928, in Toano, Virginia to the late Walter Coleman Martin and the late Mary Elizabeth Garden. Alice worked as a secretary for many years and retired from Montgomery Construction. She was a devoted member of Timberlake United Methodist Church. In addition to her parents, Alice was preceded in death by her husband, Robert Gene Montgomery, her son, Robert Gene “Monty” Montgomery Jr., her brothers; Walter Coleman Martin Jr., and Thomas Garden Martin, sister; Mary Martin Wray, and brother-in-law, William D. “Bill” Montgomery, Jr. Suzanne Martin Montgomery (daughter) joined her mother on November 7, 2022. Left to cherish Alice’s memory is a daughter-in-law Mary P. Montgomery, granddaughters; Mary Alice Montgomery and Megan Elizabeth Powell (Darrell), great grandchildren Ava, Nico, and Hunter Powell; brother William H. Martin, sister-in-law Debbie Moyer Montgomery, and numerous nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, December 3, 2022 at Timberlake United Methodist Church, 21649 Timberlake Rd, Lynchburg, VA 24502 with Pastor Brad McMullen and Estelle Holt, Minister of Congregational Care. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service. In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to Timberlake United Methodist Church.
Tharp Funeral Home and Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Alice's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021