Obituaries » Barbara Allen Layne
Barbara Marie Allen Layne, 82, of Arrington passed away Monday, January 2, 2023 at her residence surrounded by her loving family. She was a loving and caring wife of Johnny Nelson Layne for 64 years.
Born in Eagle Rock, Virginia on May 19,1940 she was a daughter of the late William Hunter Allen and Evelyn Coffey Allen. She was a member of Sardis Methodist Church.
In their years of marriage, they built a family business, a farm and a loving home for their three children, 10 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband she is survived her three children, oldest son Barry Nelson Layne (Terri), middle child, Steven Boyd Layne (Janet), and daughter, Susan Marie Layne Bryant (Sam); grandchildren, Danielle Marie Layne Kane (David), Stuart Nelson Layne, Kristina Marie Bryant Watts (Ryan), Samantha Nicole Layne Henderson (Jamie), Jonathan Albert Bryant, Mikayla Jobe Middleton (Parker), Anne- Claire Jobe Whorley (Robert), and Amelia Carol Layne; Cory Theron Evans, Lauren Ann Thrall, and three great-grandchildren, Chloe Marie Kane, Lucas Clyde Teaford, and Robert Henry Middleton.
A memorial service will be conducted 11:00 am Saturday, January 7, 2023 at Clifford Baptist Church. Family will receive friends following the service.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Barbara's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021