Obituaries » Clyde Cocke
Clyde Cocke, 93, passed on December 16, 2021. He was born on Mill Mountain, in Roanoke, VA, attended Jefferson High School, and graduated from West Point. He joined the newly-formed U.S. Air Force, and flew 39 missions over Korea. He then was employed by General Electric’s missile and space marketing group.
He married Frances Speegle and sired three children; Danese, Katherine, and Clyde, Jr. They, as well as the grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and sister Sue Thresher, loved him and were loved in return. Upon retirement, he met and married Jan Knutzen-Tamenne, and together golfed, followed his football teams, and above all, cruised and toured the world. Clyde was kind, caring, and a true gentle-man. He will be greatly missed. His last wishes were to die in Jan’s arms, and to see the Army-Navy game. He did both!
Many thanks to Good Sam Hospice who’s help was unbelievably kind and generous.
Inurnment will take place at a later date in Arlington National Cemetery. Arrangements by Tharp Funeral Home, Roanoke.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Clyde's life with a short message, photo or video!
Clyde does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021