Obituaries » Dana Kevin Cobb
Dana Kevin Cobb passed away on June 26, 2022, at the age of 61, in Lynchburg, Virginia.
Kevin was born on March 15, 1961, to Donald and Nancy Cobb. He is survived by his brother, Freddy Cobb; his children, Tyler (Kayla), Lindsay (Alan Witt), and Casey (James Stanley); and five grandchildren, Kearny, Rory, Harper, Penny, and Stella.
Kevin was a creative entrepreneur and a remarkable salesman. He started at a young age by selling frogs to his neighbors. In college—at his beloved Virginia Tech—he sold Hokie football tickets and started a printing project to assist his professors. In one of his finest moments, he celebrated Virginia Tech’s 48-0 win over UVA by designing a bumper sticker that read “The ’83 Squeaker.”
In 1990, with the help of his father and brother, Kevin launched Cobb Office Products from his kitchen table. Many of his cold calls led to loyal customers and, eventually, lifelong friends.
While at Virginia Tech, Kevin met Kem (Spike). The couple married and had three children—the true prides of his life. He coached baseball, attended sporting events, and was always their biggest fan. He enjoyed watching them grow up, get married, begin successful careers, and have children of their own.
A gifted storyteller, Kevin will always be remembered for his ability to make others laugh. He was a friend to all he met, and leaves behind countless memories of his jokes and pranks.
A celebration of Kevin’s life will be held from 4 until 6 p.m. on Friday, July 22, 2022, at Oakwood Country Club. In lieu of flowers, please make a contribution to Virginia Tech in his honor at give.vt.edu. Go Hokies!
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Dana Kevin's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021