Obituaries » David Brown Nichols
David Brown Nichols of Glen Allen, VA went to be with the Lord on March 22, 2022. He was born on November 22, 1954, in Bedford County VA. He was a devoted and loving husband, father and son, as well as a beloved friend to all who knew him.
He leaves behind his wife of 45 years Ninah Hensley Nichols and son Zackary David Nichols. His mother Betty Hawkins, two sisters, Cathy Nichols Minor (Greg), Dorothy “Byrd” Hawkins Strain (David) and many cousins, nieces, and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his brother, Dennis W. Nichols and his father, Heenan W. Nichols. David was a graduate of Virginia Tech class of ’77 and had just retired after 35 years with the National Credit Union Administration. He loved Virginia Tech sports especially football and was a devoted season ticket holder for many years.
A Memorial Service and celebration of David’s life will be conducted at 2:00 pm on Sunday, March 27, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Chapel. The family will receive friends from 4:00 until 6:00pm on Saturday, March 26, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home in Bedford. To send condolences online please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate David's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021