Obituaries » David Louis Grooms, Sr.
David Louis Grooms, Sr.
David Louis Grooms, Sr., 63, of Amherst passed away Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
He leaves to cherish his memory a faithful, true and dedicated, loving wife, Julia Grooms; a devoted and loving son, David Grooms, Jr. (LaToya) of Madison Heights; a loving and devoted daughter, Consuela Morgan (Kerry) of Nelson County; four grandkids that were the love of his life: Briana Grooms, Alexis Grooms, Neveyah Howard, and Tre Wells; two loving devoted sisters, Ruby Grooms (Henry Sparrow) and Wilma Sandidge; one loving and devoted brother, Warren Grooms, Sr; three sisters-in-law Mallie Allen (Wayne), Margaret Johnson, and Inez Haynes; two brothers-in-law, David Johnson and Collie Johnson, Jr.; three loving aunts, Ruth Randolph (Howard), Helen Brown, and Lindsey Johnson; and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
A celebration of David’s life will be held on Sunday, February 19, 2023, at Tharp Funeral Home, Madison Heights at 2 p.m. Interment will follow at the Grooms Family Cemetery in Amherst, Va.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate David Louis's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.